Monday, November 21, 2011

Childhood Friends

I'm thankful for the fact that God has given me two boys.  I always pictured myself having the "perfect American family."  I thought that my husband and I would have two kids, and there would be one boy and one girl.  But, as always, God knows what is doing, and He has given me exactly what I need.  And, I'm loving every, single minute of it!  I don't really know anything but boys...after all I grew up with two amazing, ornery brothers.  They definitely prepared me for the life with sons!  (Or at least started the preparation...)  My sons are oh, so much fun.  They are loud and rowdy, but life is FULL of laughter and surprises.  I've been praying since Aiden was born that God would bring him friends to be a good influence and loyal especially during the years that peers hold more influence that anyone else.  After watching how close my brothers were growing up, and still are, I realized that He has answered that prayer with our little Keegan. 

The boys have already started interacting with each other.  The other night we were sitting on the couch as a family reading books and visiting.  Keegan has always responded to Aiden's voice more than anyone else's.  But this particular night Aiden was making all kinds of sound effects.  Keegan would just laugh and coo and try to talk to him.  Aiden realized what was happening, and would just smile and laugh.  This went back and forth for a good stretch of time.  It melted my heart!  Aiden has also started doing "peek a boo" with Keegan.  Here's a short video clip of them playing together.

I know that there will be lots of disagreements throughout the years.  But, for now, I'm enjoying that Aiden is so loving and protective of his little brother.  And I hope that they grow closer and closer throughout the years.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! So precious and sweet are the moments we capture where they are so kind and loving. I know they will be the best of friends. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete