Okay, let me preface this post with the fact that I LOVE being home with my babies. They bring so much joy to my day. But, lately, with not having a job, I looked around the house and wondered why it was dirtier than when I was working full time. I cried and moaned to Dean, who was patient with my whining, about the fact that I have no idea what I do all day. I kept saying that I didn't know why I couldn't stay on top of things better. So, to make myself feel better, I composed a list....and it was just this morning before lunch.
6:55 am Got up with Aiden and snuggled
7:05 Fed Keegan
Got Keegan dressed and put meds on his face
Got Aiden dressed
Brushed Aiden's hair and his teeth
Got Advent candy and vitamin
Refill the toilet paper that was low in the boys' bathroom
Start load #1 of laundry
Empty dishwasher
Reload dishwasher
Start ribs in crockpot for supper
Washed dishes
Fixed my hair and makeup
Put Keegan to sleep
9:00 Fold towels from dryer
Clean bathrooms
(slight interruption of carbon monoxide detector: discussion with Aiden that buttons on detector aren't toys.
Finish bathrooms
Read Aiden some books
Move clothes to dryer
Get dressed
Fold clothes, start load #2 of laundry
Get marker for Aiden
Organize art supplies in playroom
Clean marker off of Aiden's body
Put away markers
Fill diaper bag for an outing, put water in baby bottles
Talk to Aiden about stabbing furniture with his sword
Empty trash and put it in the garage
Make a bottle
Feed & Burp Keegan
Play patty-cake with Keegan
Play ride a little horsey with Aiden
Change both boys diapers
Clean out the bottle
Finish folding laundry from earlier
Get juice cup filled up for outing
Get Aiden's coat on
Put Keegan in carseat
Get both boys in the car
Start the car and head to the "Inflatable playground"
Okay, so I guess I DO something all day even though my "to-do" list keeps growing! I'm trying to state the mantra that "time with boys is more important than a clean house" over and over. I know these days are going to be gone before I know it! They are already growing up faster than I ever imagined possible. This is why I made a challenge with a friend to do something fun with them every single weekday! Hopefully it will keep fun and enjoyment of my boys from getting lost in caring for them and our home. So, we've been doing some type of fun project every day for the last couple of weeks. I'll be posting pictures of our activities soon! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment