Monday, January 2, 2012

Fun Challenge

A few weeks before Christmas my friend, Katie, and I made challenge to do something fun with our kiddos at home everyday.  I've wanted to be able to stay home with my kids for as long as I remember, way before having them.  The desire became even stronger after Aiden came along.  So, my husband has worked very hard for our family so that my dream for our children could be realized.  It is such a blessing to be with them all day to watch them grow and learn and play.  But, it's easy to let the busyness of taking care of a household choke out actually ENJOYING them.  So, my hope is to do something intentional each day in order to spend quality time each day.  I'm not the best picture taker so I haven't captured all of them on camera.  But here's the few that I did get.  So, occasionally I'll fill you in on what we've been doing to play together!  :)
 One day Daddy was off of work, so we golfed in the back yard.
 Aiden loves to create forts and tunnels in the living room, so we made a fort village this day and played in the floor off and on throughout the day.

 The traditional "decorating the Christmas tree" pictures.  Aiden was playing with Keegan's belly button, climbing up and down the ladder, and occasional putting a few ornaments on the tree.  He was squealing with excitement, which was so fun to watch!
 Aiden often spends time with his great grandfather, affectionately re-named D-Jo.  They like to go get haircuts, go for walks with "sticks", and play "Ephant" on DJo's phone.  What a sweet relationship that they have with each other!

 We were blessed enough to have snow early in December and again on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.  Aiden and I went in the front yard to get acquainted with it, and Aiden learned to throw snowballs.  Then, later in the day we made a trip to Aunt Jayla's house to make a snowman.  He LOVED it!

 Salt dough ornaments.  He really enjoyed playing with the dough.  These are the unfinished products before the painting happened.

 Chocolate covered bananas was a yummy and fun activity!  He would say "dip, dip, dry" over and over.  It was precious!  And, of course, he loved the sampling after they were able to cool off.
 We love books at our house!  This teacher mama absolutely loves to read to my kiddos.  So, this particular day Aiden decided that he wanted to read to Keegan.  It was priceless.
 Sensory tubs were such a cool idea that I found online.  I just threw some oatmeal, elbow macaroni and measuring cups and scoops together.  He played in this nonstop for about an hour.  He really loved measuring and scooping the macaroni and oatmeal. 
 A huge slide on our drive to Corpus Christi to visit family.  He looked so grown up climbing to the top of this all by himself.  It was REALLY tall for a 2-year old. 
 Daddy and Aiden ran the movie booth at a toy drive for kids in Portland, Texas.  They had a blast!  Aiden was able to walk around and receive cookies, candies, presents, and books.  There were inflatables and the movie booth.  They served hot dogs, hot chocolate, cookies, and popcorn.  What a fun night for kids in the area!
"Grandma Connie," a special life-long friends of Dean's made a spice drop wreath with Aiden.  He loved helping a little, but eating the spice drops a lot!  It will be a fun tradition for him I'm sure!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, mama! Looks like a blast of activities and sweet Aiden is getting so big. I want to see more pics of that little Keegan up close!

    ReplyDelete